Bounty Points or BP are a form of currency used in Parasite Eve II. The player earns BP by killing enemies, and can trade BP for weapons, armor, items, and ammo at the game's shops.
M.I.S.T. agents earn BP by killing NMCs and ANMCs. Their BP is registered using special contact lenses with a nano-computer which record their kills - this is revealed by Jodie Bouquet if the player asks "What are BP?" multiple times in the beginning of the game.
Jodie runs the BP shop at M.I.S.T. Headquarters in Los Angeles. When Aya Brea goes to Dryfield, Pierce Carradine makes a deal with Gary Douglas for Aya to buy some of his guns with BP, for which he will be compensated by the F.B.I. later. Aya is surprised to learn that the Armory in the Neo Ark Shelter uses BP as well, hinting at involvement by M.I.S.T. agents in the conspiracy. When the Army arrives, Aya can also use BP to buy weapons from them, as this had been approved by the government.
At the end of the game, the player is awarded bonus BP for items in their inventory and for completing certain events, which are added to any unused BP they may have left over. A percentage of this total will be made available to the player at the start of a new game using that save data. Certain modes will also multiply the BP total.
- Replay Mode: The player starts with 10% of the BP from their cleared game total. There is no BP multiplier at the end of the game.
- Bounty Mode: The player starts with 5% of the BP from their cleared game total. At the end of the game, the BP total is multiplied by 3.
- Scavenger Mode: The player starts with 1% of the BP from their cleared game total. At the end of the game, the BP total is multiplied by 5.
- Nightmare Mode: The player starts with none of the BP from their cleared game total. At the end of the game, the BP total is multiplied by 10.
Enemy BP values
|Blizzard Chaser (1st fight)||200|
|Blizzard Chaser (2nd fight)||300|
|Brahman (left arm)||5000|
|Brahman (right arm)||5000|
|Brahman (left tentacle)||3000|
|Brahman (right tentacle)||3000|
|Burner (if killed)||1000|
|Burner (if escapes)||0|
|Glutton (1st fight)||200|
|Glutton (2nd fight)||200|
|No. 9 GOLEM (Akropolis)||800|
|No.9 GOLEM (Dryfield)||300|
- Watchers and Derangement Speakers give EXP when destroyed, but no BP.
- In both fights with the Glutton, attacking its shoulders will cause it to stomp the ground and make 2 Mad Chasers fall down. Up to 8 Mad Chasers can be summoned this way in each fight, allowing the player to gain extra EXP and BP.
- Also, killing the Glutton in the 2nd fight by attacking it directly or by luring it into the compactor will give the same BP either way.
- In the fight with the Brahman, its core is initially concealed. Once any two of its other body parts are destroyed, it will expose its core. Destroying the core will end the battle. To get the maximum EXP and BP, all other body parts must also be destroyed before the core is killed.
- In the final battle with Eve, about halfway through the fight she will begin to attack by making a ghostly copy of herself. She will do this up to 10 times. These copies can be destroyed for extra EXP and BP.
Item BP values
|Weapon Name||BP shop price||BP ending bonus|
(M4A1 + 1 Rifle Clip)
(M4A1 + 2 Rifle Clips)
(M4A1 + M9)
(M4A1 + M203)
(M4A1 + Hammer)
(M4A1 + Pyke)
(M4A1 + Javelin)
(MP5A5 + 1 SMG Clip)
(MP5A5 + 2 SMG Clips)
(P08 + Snail Magazine)
|Rifle Clip (2) (unattached)||1800||900|
|SMG Clip (2) (unattached)||3980||1990|
|Snail Magazine (unattached)||N/A|
|Armor Name||BP shop price||BP ending bonus|
|Item Name||BP shop price||BP ending bonus|
|Eau De Toilette||190||95|
|MP Boost 1||320||160|
|MP Boost 2||580||290|
- Items with a shop price in red are not available for purchase in the shops in the Normal game. They may be unlocked for purchase in Replay Mode by earning various ranks. Some may also be available for purchase in the shops in Bounty, Scavenger, or Nightmare Modes.
- In most cases, the ending bonus BP value will be 50% of the shop price.
- The M4A1, MP5A5, and P08 weapons have various attachments. The ending bonus BP value will change depending on whether these are currently attached to the weapon or not. The total BP bonus value of a weapon with attachments may not be equal to the value of the weapon and attachment separately.
Other BP values
- At the start of the game, the player will have the following BP amounts:
- Normal Mode: 200 BP
- Replay Mode: 10% of the BP total from the clear save data
- Bounty Mode: 5% of the BP total from the clear save data
- Scavenger Mode: 1% of the BP total from the clear save data
- Nightmare Mode: 0 BP
- In the Shooting Gallery at M.I.S.T. Headquarters, the player can earn 100, 200, or 300 BP in each of the 5 levels of the target practice. Only one prize is awarded per level, so it's best to save beforehand and reset if the score isn't high enough to win the 300 BP.
- The following key items have a BP bonus awarded at the end of the game:
- Armory Cardkey: 10,000 BP
- Aeris (Sept. Issue): 5,000 BP
- Mendel (Sept. Issue): 10,000 BP
- Bowman's Card: 30,000 BP (Pierce route only)
- Yoshida's Card: 30,000 BP (Kyle route only)
- Teddy Bear: 10,000 BP
- The following events also have a BP bonus awarded at the end of the game:
- Rescuing Pierce: 30,000 BP
- Rescuing the blind soldier: 30,000 BP